10 Things You Should Never EVER Have In Your Home After 30
1. A Futon. “Futons are le worst! The older you get the squishier your bed should be.
2. Temporary furniture. “Often I see people waiting to move into the ‘forever home’ before they begin to decorate, and until then, simply buy whatever is on sale to fill up the space”. “But, by the age of 30, you should really be living intentionally—invest in some classic pieces that you can carry with you, but stop waiting.”
3. TV Stands. “Be gone, TV stands that were purchased with your TV!”. “It’s time to do something a little less functional and a little more decorative.”
4. Art or posters taped to the wall without frames. “By 30 you should invest in custom framing”.
5. Florescent floor lamps. “They can be very unflattering”. “Incandescent and soft lighting floor lamps are just as accessible, but they’re easier on the eyes, prettier in the space and do wonders for your complexion.”
6. Bare wood floors and postage stamp size area rugs. Rugs ground a room and bring so much warmth and life to a space. “Instead of reaching for the quickest solution, reach for a rug that adds texture, color or pattern—in the largest size your room can handle!” “It’s amazing how it can elevate the whole look of a room.”
7. Cheap bedding. “Really, there’s no good reason to have cheap bedding whatever your age might be”. “But, once you hit your 30’s, you should really be treating yourself better.”
8. An unmade bed. “It takes 60 seconds in the morning to make up your bed and it starts off your day with an accomplished feeling.”
9. Plastic dishware and serving pieces. These just aren’t necessary, “unless it’s for the garden party.”
10. Kitchy picture frames. Yes, the ones of you and your bestie that say best friends. “In your 30s its time to invest in timeless pieces that you’ll carry with you forever”. “Think classic silver-plated frames or other styles that feel sophisticated and coordinate with your decor.”