10 Problems Only The Interior Design-Obsessed Understand
The top 10 annoying things decor-philes deal with regularly…but wouldn’t give up for the world.
1. It’s been so long since you’ve had to deal with an un-color-coordinated bookshelf, you have trouble finding what you want at bookstores.
2. Clothes shopping always becomes “wouldn’t that pattern look amazing as a throw/rug/curtains?” shopping
3. When you go to a new place, your conversation skills suffer a bit because you’re busy mentally rearranging the pieces in the room.
4. You can’t name the celebrities in primetime shows, but you can ID the set decor while half paying attention.
5. Your family gets upset when they find out that vacation was just an excuse to hit the nearby flea market.
6. You’re known for serving skimpy portions at dinner parties…how else can people best admire your china?
7. You can spot a fake from a mile away. And you have trouble not pointing it out.
8. Because you can’t find a treadmill that goes with your decor, your workouts are limited.
9. You have to buy a new bookcase because you can’t bear to part with you old issues of House Beautiful, ELLE DECOR, and Veranda.
10. You never, ever get your security deposit back. And may need to pay extra for all those holes in the wall and renegade wallpaper jobs.