10 Design Problems SOLVED! in few Sentences
1. How do I create a gallery wall?
Vary the sizes of the works and anchor it with 2-3 large pieces to focus the eye.
2. How do I make a small space look bigger?
See that everything has its place, play with layered lighting, and make sure the rug takes up enough space in the room.
3. How do I choose a dining room rug?
Add 6 feet to the length and width of your table and choose an interesting pattern to counter a plain table. Go 100% wool for easy cleaning.
4. How do I decorate a bookshelf?
Organize books neatly then add sconces, accesssories, and artwork. Feeling daring? Mix in a collection as well.
5. How do I decorate a coffee table?
Coffee table books + lidded box + flowers + a special treasure. And mind the balance between old/new, hard/soft, luxe/organic.
6. How do I measure for window treatments?
Multiply window size by 2.5 for width, mount hardware as close to the ceiling as possible, and measure length so that drapery hits the floor.
7. How do I decorate around an air conditioner?
Short term: Distract with curtains or a skirted table. Long term: Ask a contractor to design a window seat with lattice work around the unit.
8. How do I decorate a small kitchen?
Add crown moldings, new drawer pulls, and/or paint the cabinets a wild color!
9. How do I properly light my bedroom?
Low wattage in ceiling lights + bedside table lamps + a wall sconce if space permits.
10. How do I choose the right-size chandelier?
Add the room’s length + width in feet, then use that number, in inches, as a guide for the chandelier’s diameter. Example: 10′ + 14′ = 24′ so look for a 24″ chandelier.